Trillium is one of the fastest growing electronic trading firms, with trading floors in three cities, over 130 traders, and an in-house technology lab. In addition to trading, Trillium creates innovative market data analytics products for the financial industry, and manages private investment funds.
As an Accountant, you will work with Trillium’s senior accounting staff and Trillium’s internal monitoring tools to generate reports of the firm’s trading and product sales performance for senior management. You will have regular contact with senior management and enjoy a high level of independence and responsibility.
Trillium offers great benefits and perks, including Medical, dental, 401 k with partial matching, transit assistance, and Flexible Spending Accounts, and access to a local country club.
This position is available for hire to begin immediately.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Audit experience preferred
- Experience with internal financial reporting
- Accrual based accounting practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to analyze and investigate accounting matters and have the ability to conclude and propose solutions
- Preparation of management reports
- Ability to work on multiple projects of high priority
- Assist in month end profit and loss post-closing procedures
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts to ensure proper classification and integrity of information
- Exceptional research skills on technical matters
- Strong skills in analyzing financial information and performing mathematical calculations
- Must be able to work independently and be a team player with proven experience working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Experience in Accounting Software packages is a plus
- Additional experience in preparation of journal entries, month end closing entries, and maintaining of Policy/Procedure manuals
- Financial statement preparation, fixed asset register maintenance, financial analyst experience a plus