Trillium is a diversified financial services firm operating two business lines: Trillium Trading, a proprietary intraday trading group, and Trillium Labs, a trading technology development group, and the creator of Surveyor. Trillium is headquartered in New York City, with additional trading floors in Chicago and Miami.
Trillium Labs is looking for a DevOps Engineer.
You are a passionate DevOps Engineer that is excited for the opportunity to help establish Trillium Labs’ CI/CD, monitoring and log aggregation standards as we launch a groundbreaking initiative to re-invent our front-end trading tools into an on-brand, unified trading platform. Further, our trading platform needs to be shipped to multiple trading offices, so we’ll need you to help us do this in a smart and efficient manner. You should be someone who enjoys the agility and efficiency of a small but incredibly effective team. At Labs, we all work together using Agile Software Development principles, so communication and leadership skills are paramount.
You should have 3+ years of DevOps experience implementing tooling for CI/CD, monitoring and log aggregation. You should also be very excited to lead the charge on DevOps standards and helping our development team adopt the tooling that best fits our tech stack and processes. We’ll need you to plan, communicate, configure, and maintain our DevOps toolchain. An exceptional candidate with have programming experience as we’ll need you to write unit and regression tests within the CI/CD framework you implement.
A bit about our technology
- Most of our trading back-end services are C++ on CentOS while a small number run on Windows Server
- We host our services in AWS as well as on-prem for our services which have strict low-latency requirements
- Our back-office software is powered by Java and MySQL
- Front-end trading tools are Windows based and written in C++. These applications run directly on our traders’ desktops, and we’re eager to streamline the release process to their PCs once you join the team
- College graduate (min GPA 3.3) with a major in IT or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Ability to understand our software development lifecycle and propose CI/CD, monitoring and log aggregation suggestions based on our team processes and tech stack
- Experience putting together tooling and workflows to deliver front-end software to Windows machines across multiple offices
- Hands-on AWS experience
- Experience developing and maintaining CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Code Deploy (AWS), Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity and/or GitLab
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kaftka, Logstash, Splunk, ElastiSearch, and Kibana
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ambitious DevOps who can work autonomously on a high-performing team and be comfortable interacting with our firm’s C-suite
What would set you apart
- You’ve written unit and/or regression tests in at least one major programming language that fit into a CI/CD pipeline
- You’ve helped a development team adopt DevOps tools through planning, designing, and implementing.
- AWS Certification(s) such as the AWS DevOps Engineer Certification
- You’re an expert in understanding the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation or other tools