Trillium, founded in 2003, is one of the first and fastest growing electronic proprietary trading firms headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago and Miami. The firm expanded in 2014 with the formation of Trillium Labs, providing cutting-edge trade surveillance software to institutions via its flagship product, Surveyor.
At Trillium you’ll find a group of highly motivated individuals with extensive industry knowledge and a true passion for financial markets. Here, we believe in integrity and hard work and are fully committed to the growth and development of all our traders and employees.
As an Equity Trader, you will become more intimate with the markets while mastering Trillium’s proprietary trading tools. Working closely with a designated senior trainer, you will quickly become immersed in many trade strategies. Through our highly selective program, you will develop a solid understanding of US, Canadian, and OTC equity markets, and strengthen your communication, quantitative and analytical skills. Here you’ll practice and grow your understanding of economics, risk assessment, and decision-making by making split-second buy and sell decisions and placing orders on a keyboard-based trading platform; all done under the supervision of your trainer. Trainees are already actively trading in their second week and continuously learn about the firm’s customizable products in a highly structured education program.
Our intention is to thoughtfully challenge our Equity Traders to expand their exposure and knowledge. This position is open in any of our three locations: Manhattan, NY, Chicago, IL, or Miami, FL.
Compensation: $60,000 gross annual compensation ($52,000 gross annual base salary; $4,000 sign-on bonus; $4,000 year-end bonus for those in good standing) plus monthly P&L-based bonuses, contingent upon trading performance.
In addition to trading, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Looking for market microstructure patterns
- Collaboration on daily trading activities
- Following industry and overall market news
- Working closely with a dedicated trainer
- Participating in group meetings hosted by senior traders
- Educational seminars to learn proprietary trading tools
You are an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive person who is eager to learn. The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Resourceful thought process, team-oriented mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through extracurricular activities and/or group projects, and record of academic achievement
- Must have a strong interest in financial markets and work effectively under pressure
- Preferred major(s) in economics, mathematics, business/business administration, computer science, or finance
- The position is intended for your recent graduates (Fall/Winter 2022 and Spring 2023) with a cumulative 3.3+ GPA
Benefits and Perks:
- 401(K) match that vests immediately upon participation
- Parental leave & PTO policy
- Medical & dental insurance with FSA/HSA, effective first day of employment
- Pre-tax commuter transit
- Daily catered lunch and Tuesday breakfast in-office
- Complimentary membership to Battleground Country Club
- Collaborative, inclusive, and dynamic work environment within a mission-driven company
- Opportunities to learn from senior management across the firm
- Mentors from top institutions which may include your alma mater
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Trillium are based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the company. Trillium does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, military status, family care status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or any other legally protected basis protected by applicable law. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or reasonable accommodation due to a disability should contact email@example.com.