Trillium Labs’ Director of Infrastructure, based in our midtown NYC office, is responsible for designing and building the systems powering the various business lines at Trillium, a pioneering financial services firm. With offices in New York City, Chicago and Miami, as well as data centers both cloud-based (AWS) and physical, this role provides an exciting opportunity to work on the cutting edge of the fintech space. Working hand-in-hand with our software development team, you will deliver new solutions for our rapidly growing company in areas such as electronic trading, SaaS products, and high-performance cloud computing.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the agility and efficiency of a small but incredibly effective team. We all work together so communication and leadership skills are paramount. You must have a desire to move our business forward and think both short and long term as we plan projects and build our systems. You will attend weekly meetings with the CTO to discuss strategy and progress.
You should have 5-10 years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator along with a deep understanding of Windows, network, and AWS technologies. As part of an agile and efficient team, you’ll see projects go into production quickly and see immediate results. For the right candidate, this role offers a great combination of hands-on development, forward thinking planning and design, managing a team and direct exposure to Trillium’s C-suite.
Trillium Labs is a diverse group of technologists who all share a passion for solving hard problems in the fintech space. With backgrounds in engineering, biology, physics, mathematics, and computer science – each member of our team offers a unique perspective as we build solutions in big data analytics, high performance / low latency computing, and distributed systems.
For the right candidate, Trillium Labs offers a unique opportunity to build cutting edge technology that has an immediate, quantifiable impact on our business.
- Management of network and system administration team
- Experience maintaining and operating physical and virtual servers
- AWS – EC2, VPC, S3, IAM
- Virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS Linux experience (v. 6-7)
- Configuration Management (Ansible preferred)
- Active Directory – GPO and User management
- Microsoft DNS and DHCP
- Knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS, SSL, HTTP, SMTP as it relates to systems
- Knowledge of database technologies and basic DBA skills (mySQL)
- Server related technology (e.g. RAID systems, backups, NAS, etc.)
- Experience with web technologies and application servers
- Security best practices as related to systems
- Must have the ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Experience configuring/tuning low latency high packet data network
- System Design and Engineering
- Work closely with the business to understand requirements and to develop technical specifications & solutions that are sustainable, supportable, & scalable
- Define requirements for current and future tools development
- Fully understand the current systems architecture and suggest new solutions
- Leverage cost-effective 3rd party solutions (open source or commercial) where financially beneficial to do so
- Participate in long-term strategies for IT
- System Administration
- Configure, patch, and update Linux/Windows-based servers
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Assist with achieving and maintaining server uptime and system stability
- Troubleshoot and repair server and system related problems
- Automate as many processes as possible, scripts, etc as necessary
- Proactive monitoring of systems and applications
- On-call as needed with participation in production support
Required travel to NJ datacenter