Founded in 2003, Trillium Management LLC established itself as a diversified financial services firm by operating Trillium Trading – a proprietary trading group. Eleven years later (2014), the Trillium brand further expanded to include its Trillium Labs vertical with the intention to isolate electronic trading manipulation.
Who We Are (Trillium Labs):
Relying on multifaceted backgrounds in Engineering, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Anthropology, and Computer Science, TrilliumLabs collectively builds solutions in big data analytics, high performance / low latency computing, distributed systems, to tackle hard problems like market abuse detection and high-performance distributed trading systems. Due in part to our award-winning flagship product – Surveyor – Trillium Labs successfully sets a new standard of compliance excellence and, in turn, positions the Trillium brand as overall experts in the RegTech space.
We are seeking a talented Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. The role requires proficient engineering knowledge with Routing, Switching, Firewalls and Traffic Management. The candidate should likewise be skilled in on-premise networking, cloud infrastructure networking and telecommunication. We are looking for someone who enjoys the agility and efficiency of a small but incredibly effective team and is comfortable wearing many hats. A passion about emerging trends in networking and technology are huge pluses, as is a desire to regularly collaborate with team members.
We are NYC based, but hybrid friendly unless specified.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities):
- Troubleshoot, resolve and communicate networking issues to employees and management
- Network management and support for Trillium offices, including – but not limited to – computer networks, VPNs, firewalls, routers, and switches
- Install and configure network equipment
- Monitor internal and external networks
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems
What You’ll Need (Minimum Qualifications):
- 2+ years of experience in Networking
- Proficiency in LAN/WAN with layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, IPsec, GRE
- Understanding of various networking concepts and protocols, such as VLANs, 802.1Q, 802.11, 802.3ad Spanning-Tree, VRRP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, TACACs, Radius, Syslog, static routes
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated to learn new technologies and become self-sufficient
- Required travel to Carteret, NJ data center
What Will Make You Stand Out (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud provider
- Network automation experience
- Proficient with Linux
- Familiarity with Arista, FortiGate
- An interest in and knowledge about financial markets
- An ability to effectively multitask, especially when handling ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges
- Effective articulation of technical solutions and analytical skills are a huge plus!
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary & 401(K) match that vests immediately upon participation
- Parental leave & PTO policy
- Medical & dental insurance with FSA/HSA, effective first day of employment
- 401(K) with company match (immediate vesting)
- Pre-tax commuter transit
- Daily catered lunch and Tuesday breakfast in-office
- Complimentary membership to Battleground Country Club
- Exciting discounts
- Collaborative, inclusive, and dynamic work environment within a mission-driven company
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Trillium are based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the company. Trillium does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, military status, family care status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or any other legally protected basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability should contact Ariel Finkelstein at (212) 401-2355.