Trillium is a diversified financial services firm operating two business lines: Trillium Trading, a proprietary intraday trading group, and Trillium Labs, a trading technology development group and the creator of Surveyor. Trillium is headquartered in New York City, with additional trading floors in Chicago and Miami.
Trillium Labs is looking for a Linux Engineer
We are looking for someone who enjoys the agility and efficiency of a small but incredibly effective team. We all work together so communication and leadership skills are paramount. You must have a desire to move our business forward and think both short and long term as we plan projects and build our systems. You will attend weekly meetings with the CTO to discuss strategy and progress.
You should have experience maintaining and operating physical and virtual servers. Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS Linux experience (v. 5-7). Configuration Management (Ansible preferred). Proficient with AWS and Hyper V. Knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS, SSL, HTTP, SMTP as it relates to systems. Knowledge of database technologies and basic DBA skills (mySQL). Server related technology (e.g. RAID systems, backups, NAS, etc.). Experienced in Microsoft Server technologies – AD, DNS, DHCP, GPM. Security best practices as related to systems. Must have the ability to function in a fast-paced environment. Experience configuring/tuning low latency high packet data network (not required but nice to have)
- Configure, patch, and update LINUX-based servers.
- Assist with achieving and maintaining server uptime and system stability
- Troubleshoot and repair server and system related problems
- Administer user accounts
- Systems administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Work closely with the business to understand requirements and to develop technical specifications & solutions
- Take over maintenance and administration of custom tools written by in-house development engineers
- Define requirements for current and future tools development
- Automate as many processes as possible (Python, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Provide technical solutions that are sustainable, supportable, and scalable
- Fully understand the current systems architecture and suggest new solutions
- Leverage cost-effective 3rd party solutions (open source or commercial) where financially beneficial to do so
- Proactive monitoring of systems and applications
- College graduate (min GPA 3.3) with a major in IT, Computer Science, Finance, or Business
- 5 years of experience as a LINUX Systems Administrator
- Intermediate understanding of Windows and Network technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Required travel to Carteret, NJ datacenter
Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm