Elite, fast-growing proprietary trading firm – with two decades of continued success – seeks a Managing Director of Trading to lead our growing Trading Department. We are looking for an effective leader who possesses excellent communication and risk management skills to oversee the coaching, training, and supervision of our traders and to champion our Analytics Department.
Trillium, founded in 2003, is one of the first and fastest growing electronic proprietary trading firms with trading floors in New York City, Chicago, and Miami. The firm expanded in 2014 with the formation of Trillium Labs, providing cutting-edge trade surveillance software to institutions via our flagship product, Surveyor. Trillium is comprised of a group of highly motivated individuals with extensive industry knowledge and a true passion for financial markets. At Trillium, we believe in integrity and hard work, and are fully committed to the growth and development of all our traders and employees.
As the Managing Director of Trading, you will play a crucial role in the leadership, development, and growth of our trading team and its long-term direction. In doing so, you will be responsible for overseeing the health of the trading floors with specific attention to supervision, performance coaching, and training. The role requires a candidate with sophisticated knowledge of the equity markets, market structure, overall firm risk management, pay structure, and trading data analytics as well as, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a dynamic and evolving environment. This position will work closely with both the trading group managers and Trillium’s C-suite to ensure that both the short and long-term visions for the Trading Department are successfully realized.
● Evaluating the current system for determining trading limits and collaborating with the trading managers in order to improve transparency while maximizing profitability
● Assisting in the development of an Analytics Department to provide traders with valuable trading metrics and statistics
● Working directly with group managers and traders to establish measurable and quantifiable goals
● Creating initiatives that coach, teach, inspire, and motivate traders
● Being a thought leader as it relates to market conditions, trading initiatives, and compliance updates
● Collaborating with HR to enhance the interview process for potential trading hires and further develop the training program for new traders
You are an enthusiastic, motivated, and dynamic person who is a quick learner, holds deep industry knowledge, and can effectively lead our growing trading team. The ideal candidate must be able to do and/or oversee the following:
● Effectively problem solve with counterparties and develop long term, mutually beneficial relationships
● Identify as a learner, and continuously develop market understanding with a track record of adapting to changing market environments
● Liaise with stakeholders, internal teams, and external customers and suppliers; excellent communication skills are a must
● Maintain a process-driven mindset with a clear vision for efficacy and efficiency
● Generate and drive the development of mental modes for new or higher quality opportunities
● Develop and maintain vendor relationships and alternative trade venue platforms
● Create and facilitate the team’s continuing development and serve as an inspiring leader
● Perform transaction cost analysis and broker strategy evaluations to identify where, and how, the trading function can potentially add value
● Maintain familiarity with industry best practices and regulatory changes impacting securities trading and ensure staff follows suit
● Oversee and work with the Analytics Department to regularly provide reporting, market color, and industry updates
● Proficient in transaction cost-analysis and global performance analysis of large-scale trading operations
● 8+ years of experience in proprietary trading, as well as asset optimization, with a strong entrepreneurial approach and high degree of motivation and attention to detail
● 5+ years of direct managerial experience, including overseeing smaller teams as a “manager of managers” or “lead of leads” positions
● Familiarity with front-end trading platforms, charting, filtering, accounting, and news programs
Benefits and Perks
● Competitive salary & 401(K) match that vests immediately upon participation
● Parental leave & PTO policy
● Medical & dental insurance with FSA/HSA, effective first day of employment
● Pre-tax commuter transit
● Daily catered lunch and Tuesday breakfast in-office
● Complimentary membership to Battleground Country Club
● Collaborative, inclusive, and dynamic work environment within a mission-driven company
● Hybrid work model
In addition to providing your resume, please submit a written Statement of Purpose / Personal Statement to Ariel Finkelstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Trillium are based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the company. Trillium does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, military status, family care status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or any other legally protected basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability should contact email@example.com.