Trillium is a diversified financial services firm operating two business lines: Trillium Trading, a proprietary intraday trading group, and Trillium Labs, a trading technology development group, and the creator of Surveyor. Trillium is headquartered in New York City, with additional trading floors in Chicago and Miami.
Trillium Labs is looking for a Software Engineer. Note, this position is NYC based, but hybrid friendly unless specified.
You’re a passionate front-end developer who specializes in C# .NET, preferably using WinForms, GDI and/or DirectX. Trillium Labs is launching a groundbreaking initiative to re-invent our front-end trading software suite into an on-brand, unified trading platform and we’ll need your help. While we work on re-inventing our front-end trading software, we’ll still need to maintain and support our current tooling so you should be comfortable coding for both. You’re eager to work closely with our developers and UI/UX designer to deliver quality product that solves our traders’ use-cases. We are looking for someone who enjoys the agility and efficiency of a small but incredibly effective team. We all work together using the Agile Software Development principles, so communication and leadership skills are paramount.
You should have 3+ years of experience working on front-end software in C# .NET. You have some experience writing back-end services, but your passion and experience is mostly on the front-end. You pride yourself on building top quality UI/UX that solves the underlying use-cases in a performant manner. In our industry, every millisecond matters so we need to optimize the experience down to the keystroke.
A bit about our technology
- Most of our trading back-end services are C++ on CentOS while a small number run on Windows Server
- We host our services in AWS as well as on-prem for our services which have strict low-latency requirements
- Our back-office software is powered by Java and MySQL
- Front-end trading tools are Windows based and written in C++ and C# .NET
- College graduate (min GPA 3.3) with a major in IT or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience working on front-end software in C# .NET
- 1+ years of experience with C# WinForms .NET
- 1+ years of experience with GDI and/or DirectX
- 1+ years of experience with C# .NET Core
- Experience working with sockets in .NET
- In-depth knowledge of the latest .NET trends
- Deep understanding of the threading patterns required to build a responsive UX
- Expert in writing code that’s well-organized and you use standard design patterns when the opportunity presents itself
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills. You’ll be working closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure what we’re building meets our traders’ use-cases
What would set you apart
- Experience working on front-end trading software
- Deep understanding of the US Equities market
- Ability to write custom controls
- Knowledge of off-the-shelf libraries in .NET that could assist in building a premium trading platform
- Passionate about coding UI/UX best practices and you enjoy engaging in conversation about it
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary & 401(K) match that vests immediately upon participation
- Parental leave & PTO policy
- Medical & dental insurance with FSA/HSA, effective first day of employment
- 401(K) with company match (immediate vesting)
- Pre-tax commuter transit
- Daily catered lunch and Tuesday breakfast in-office
- Complimentary membership to Battleground Country Club
- Exciting discounts
- Collaborative, inclusive, and dynamic work environment within a mission-driven company
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Trillium are based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the company. Trillium does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, military status, family care status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or any other legally protected basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.