Trillium, founded in 2003, is one of the first and fastest growing electronic proprietary trading firms headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago and Miami. The firm expanded in 2014 with the formation of Trillium Labs, providing cutting-edge trade surveillance software to institutions via its flagship product, Surveyor.
At Trillium you’ll find a group of highly motivated individuals with extensive industry knowledge and a true passion for financial markets. Here, we believe in integrity and hard work and are fully committed to the growth and development of all our traders and employees.
Trillium is looking for a Product Support Specialist to join our Help Desk to assist traders with various technology and trading related issues. As a Product Support Specialist you will provide highly efficient and dependable technical support to our traders via email, telephone, or in person. In doing so, you will gain an intricate understanding of our proprietary trading software and experience the workflow of a highly active equities trading floor. This role will report directly to the Director of Product Development.
Compensation: $45,000-$75,000 gross annual base compensation plus bonus (contingent on performance and company goals being met).
You are a smart, self-motivated candidate who is a quick learner, can multi-task, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
The ideal candidate must have, or be, the following:
- A strong interest in Finance and Technology
- Able to learn new information quickly and teach other people
- High determination to not give up on a complex challenge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform well under time pressure and operate with a sense of urgency
- Comfortable acting as a liaison between traders and developers with emphasis on multitasking
- Monitor and respond timely to emails and/or phone calls
- Assist user base in configuring proprietary software products
- Investigate and document new issues and develop processes for solutions
- Escalate unresolved or open tickets to next level of support
- Identify and address roadblocks and user-hurdles, while outlining these solutions and answers in our growing Knowledge Base
- Prioritize features and work with developers on enhancements and implementation
- Troubleshoot, set up, and install computer hardware as needed
- College graduate (min GPA 3.3)
- Preferred major in IT, Computer Science, Finance, and/or Business
- Knowledge of how computers and software work and are utilized in a business environment
- Experienced with common software packages such as the Microsoft Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Work on-site in our easily accessible Manhattan office Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM EST (occasional time adjustment to accommodate weekend work)
- Ability to physically move up to 30 pounds
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Parental leave & PTO policy
- Medical & Dental insurance with FSA/HSA, effective first day of employment
- 401(K) with company match (immediate vesting), as well as other voluntary benefits such as Vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter transit
- Daily catered lunch and Tuesday breakfast in-office
- Complimentary membership to Battleground Country Club
- Exciting discounts
- Collaborative, inclusive, and dynamic work environment within a mission-driven company
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Trillium are based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the company.
Trillium does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, military status, family care status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or any other legally protected basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.