Trillium, founded in 2003, is one of the first and fastest growing electronic proprietary trading firms headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago and Miami. The firm expanded in 2014 with the formation of Trillium Labs, providing cutting-edge trade surveillance software to institutions via its flagship product, Surveyor.
At Trillium you’ll find a group of highly motivated individuals with extensive industry knowledge and a true passion for financial markets. Here, we believe in integrity and hard work, and are fully committed to the growth and development of all our traders and employees.
As a Trading Intern, you will spend the summer learning about the market as well as Trillium’s products and services while working closely with designated senior mentors as you research and enhance existing trade strategies. Through our highly selective program, you will develop a solid understanding of US, Canadian, and OTC equity markets and strengthen your communication, quantitative and analytical skills. Here you’ll practice and grow your understanding of economics, risk assessment, and decision-making by making split-second buy and sell decisions and placing simulated orders on a keyboard-based trading platform; all done under the supervision of your senior mentor. Interns are taught to trade using the firm’s customizable proprietary tools in a highly structured education program.
Our intention is to set our interns up for success before graduating from their respective college and thoughtfully challenging each to expand their exposure and knowledge. Interns who prove that they are a great fit for Trillium during the internship will receive offers to become full-time equity traders after graduation, at any of our three locations: Manhattan, NY, Chicago, IL, or Miami, FL.
This paid internship ($600/week) is six weeks (June 12-July 21, 2023)
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Exploring trading ideas by analyzing market data and market microstructure for patterns
- Complete and present projects that are essential to daily trading activities on the trading floor
- Creating tools to analyze data patterns
- Working with a dedicated senior mentor to research and enhance existing trading strategies
You are an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive person who is eager to learn. The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Resourceful thought process, team-oriented mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through extracurricular activities and/or group projects, and record of academic achievement
- Must have a strong interest in financial markets and work effectively under pressure
- Preferred major(s) in economics, mathematics, business/business administration, computer science, accounting or finance
- The position is intended for your undergraduate rising senior summer (expected graduation Fall 2023 or Spring 2024) with a cumulative 3.3+ GPA
Benefits and Perks:
- Internships are paid and 6-weeks in duration
- Company provided lunch each day and Tuesday Bagel Breakfast
- Exciting networking and social events (past events include Mets Game / Box Seats, Golfing at Battleground Country Club, dinners with mentors, field trips to Bloomberg’s HQ office and the NYSE)
- Opportunities to learn from senior management across the firm
- Mentors from top institutions which may include your alma mater
- Collaborative, inclusive, and dynamic work environment within a mission-driven company
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Trillium are based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the company. Trillium does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, military status, family care status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or any other legally protected basis protected by applicable law. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability should contact email@example.com.