Trillium is a diversified financial services firm operating two business lines: Trillium Trading, a proprietary intraday trading group, and Trillium Labs, a trading technology development group, and the creator of Surveyor. Trillium is headquartered in New York City, with additional trading floors in Chicago and Miami.
Trillium Labs is looking for a UI/UX Designer
You are a passionate UI/UX Designer with an affinity for high-performance software. Trillium Labs is launching a groundbreaking initiative to re-invent our front-end trading software suite into an on-brand, unified trading platform. As an exceptional UI/UX Designer, you’ll work alongside our talented staff to thoroughly understand our traders’ use-cases and put together design standards to meet the needs of trading today’s capital markets. We are looking for someone who enjoys the agility and efficiency of a small but incredibly effective team. We all work together using the Agile Software Development principles, so communication and leadership skills are paramount.
You should have at least 5 years as a UI/UX designer and have demonstrated experience being part of a team that developed a product from the ground up. You should have experience and comfort with interviewing users and stakeholders to fully understand their business problems. You should also have experience creating a comprehensive use-case document based on your interviews and have developed design standards to support those use-cases. The ideal candidate has experience working very closely with a development team and will be capable of prototyping proposed designs for rapid feedback from our traders. We base our fundamental processes on Agile Software Development, so experience with this method is a huge plus.
- College graduate (min GPA 3.3) with a major in Design or related field
- 5 years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- Extensive experience working closely with users and stakeholders to understand their business requirements and use-cases
- Experience working side-by-side with software developers who ship quality code within UI/UX standards
- You have a demonstrable work portfolio
- You’re an expert in UI/UX patterns for front-end software running on Windows with general familiarly in other domains such as websites
- You’ll be able to join our team and let us know the UI/UX tools that will help us accomplish our goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ambitious designer who can work autonomously on a high-performing team and be comfortable interacting with our firm’s C-suite
What would set you apart
- You’ve helped build a large-scale product from inception to delivery
- Prototype development experience in at least one programming language / software package
- Familiarity with storing and analyzing usage statistics to make informed design decisions
- Experience working on a cross-functional Agile Software Development team
- Familiarity with (or least interest in) US Equities front-end trading software