Please record your answers, either by printing this page or noting your answers separately, and allow yourself up to 3 minutes to take this test. Use a stopwatch! After 3 minutes, grade yourself out of 16 using the answer key below. Please provide us your genuine score. No cheating. We will test you during a first round interview and we will compare your results.
DO NOT USE A CALCULATOR!
Please only apply if you scored 10 or higher on the exam in the time allotted.
Important note: The trader and intern application will ask for your score on this exam. Trillium does similar monitored testing of timed exams during the interview process and your scores should be consistent. This test taking step (before filling out an application) allows Trillium to focus the interview process on the candidates best suited for the job.
3 Minute Math Test
1. What is the perimeter of a square with one side measuring 18?
2. What value for R is a solution to this equation: 11R = 143
3. David has $46 in a savings account. The interest rate (not compounded) is 10% per year. How much will David have at the end of the year?
4. If you have 9 quarters and a dime, how much money in total do you have?
5. In a jar, 6 out of 20 beans are black and 14 are white. What is the percentage chance of picking out a white bean?
6. 16/24 = R/60. Solve for R.
7. Carley can pick 45 apples in 30 minutes. At this rate, how many apples can Carley pick in 3.5 hours?
8. What is 25=
9. 0.072 x 103=
10. The sum of two numbers is 10 and their difference is 4. What is their product?
11. 22/25 = Y%. Solve for Y.
13. (-3)(- 4) + (-2)(- 3)=
14. Rewrite 15/25 as a decimal.
15. What is half of an eighth?
16. A number has 6 added to it and is then multiplied by 25. The final answer in 250. What is the original number?
Once you are done, please check your answers with the answer key. After you have completed the test and checked your answers, please continue to the Equity Trader job application or Equity Trader summer intern application.